Our Prayer Goals.
- A call to be faithful and for the churches to work together side by side
- First will come the oil of God’s healing on Coventry, and then fire for refining
- A halving of crime, addictions, homelessness, followed by those things being stopped
- A great awakening for the church
- Revival starting in Coventry and spreading to the country
Requests for prayer cover and the potential to form prayer cover teams for important mission projects in Coventry.
- Healing on the Streets (HOTS): Calling pray-ers who would like to pray for HOTS in the Prayer House while HOTS is happening in Broadgate on alternate Mondays and Saturdays. Let us know if you would like to offer prayer cover on alternate Saturdays, praying in the Prayer House, or at home, at the time HOTS is on.
- Street Pastors are also requesting prayer cover while they are out in the streets of Coventry on Friday and Saturday nights. Pray from home or come to the Prayer House to pray.
- Christians Against Poverty (CAP) are requesting pray-ers who would be willing to be contacted to pray when CAP volunteers meet with their clients. Pray from home or wherever you are when the call comes in!
If you are interested in any of the above, for more information or if you would like to explore being part of a potential prayer cover team, please contact us on 07403 145350 or firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Thank you.
Praying for Coventry
1st MONDAY of the month 10.00am-12.00noon (currently moving – please call to check)
Led by Mike Holt. Calling all those with a passion to see revival and transformation in Coventry and who know that only God can do this and that he calls us to partnership with him in prayer. Contact Mike for more information on email@example.com or tel: 07952 754159.
Ladies Prayer Group
Every Thursday 11am – 12.30
A prayer time for ladies only. This has evolved from a relaxed and informal prayer gathering (which usually involves something baked to share!), to more of an intercessory group. The focus is families, women and children in the city, including our own. We usually have a simple soup lunch together afterwards. Contact Cath Henzell for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 07403 145350
Mahabba prayer group - praying for Muslims in our City and around the world.
Every FRIDAY 7.00-8.15am
Led by Richard Morris …. Come along and pray with others who have a heart for those who are Muslim in Coventry and the world.
Contact email@example.com for more info. or ‘phone 07587 155 358
Here are a few ways to help you pray
(These can be used whilst praying at home, or in the Prayer House, to get you started)
We believe that God moves powerfully when we bless Coventry. To pray blessing over the city is to recognise God’s heart of love and compassion for the people of Coventry and to welcome in the Kingdom of God.
In the name of Jesus we bless Coventry.
We bless each person in the city: your life, your home, your relationships, with all the blessings of the mighty God who planned and created you. We bless you to know the Father’s love and the fullness of blessings that God longs to pour into your lives. We bless you to be healthy and to prosper in every part of your life.
We bless every family in Coventry and every relationship to be strong, loving, full of grace and forgiveness. We bless each home to be places of love and security. We bless every child that all may grow up being loved and nurtured and knowing God’s love, and we bless older people to be loved, valued and included.
We bless every business and enterprise in the city that is wholesome and good. We speak creativity and success over you. We speak full employment over the city and we bless the wealth of the city that it may have plenty to replace poverty. We bless everyone to have enough to live, and enough to give.
We bless the schools, colleges and universities of the city that God’s blessings be on them. We bless them to be places of learning and discovery and wisdom. We bless them to be places of good and wholesome relationships. We bless the children and young people to grow up knowing and trusting Jesus.
We bless every church of every denomination in the city that each would be full of love and strong in Jesus, that each may be filled to the fullness of God and be fruitful.
And we speak to every heart in the city to be softened to hear and respond to God, and that the blessings of the Kingdom of God may be ours.
A prayer for Coventry
Holy God, you reign,
We are your people,
We come to you to cry out for our city,
Breathe on us again
Set our hearts on fire,
Save the people
Heal our land,
Live in Coventry.
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father in heaven, your name is Holy
Pray for the church in Coventry that we would know God’s Father heart of love, and that we would communicate to the people of Coventry how wide and long and high and deep the love of Jesus is.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven
Praying for God’s rule to break in to Coventry: pray for the spread of the gospel and for justice and right living to be established at every level of society. Pray for boldness for the church.
Give us today our daily bread
Praying for the needs of the city and asking God to provide. Praying for employment, for provision for the poor and vulnerable.
Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us
Pray for God’s forgiveness of the church. Pray that as a city we would turn to God. Coventry has been named the city of peace and reconciliation. Pray that forgiveness and good relationships would be characteristic in the church and in the city.
Lead us not into temptation
Pray that as a church we would be focussed on God and on his Kingdom, that we would love the light and not the dark.
Deliver us from evil
Pray for protection for the church and the city.
Praying for different aspects of city life
- The churches, their leaders and the people. That we would be full of the love of God and the city churches united in Jesus.
- The city council. For God’s wisdom in leading the city. That the council would make decisions that benefit the people and protect the poor and vulnerable.
- For justice in the courts. For freedom from crime.
- Family life. That we would be a city of strong families relationships. That children would be brought up with love and security. That God would put the lonely in families. Pray for Coffee Tots
- The economy. For enterprise and new businesses. For full employment and prosperity. For a sharing of wealth. For freedom from debt and for justice for the poor.
- Education. That our schools, colleges and universities would be open to God’s truth. That they would be healthy places of learning and development. Please pray particularly for Bluecoat School as they struggle with financial difficulties at this time.
- The arts. That Coventry would be a city of creativity and art that reflects the character of God.
- The media. For communication and celebration of the good things that God is doing. For Radio Plus, Coventry’s Christian radio station.
John Wesley's Covenant Prayer
(Original Version 1780)
I am no longer my own, but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt,
rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee,
exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
thou art mine, and I am thine.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven.
(Contemporary Adaptation 2013)
I am no longer my own, but I belong to you.
Do with me whatever you will, alongside whoever you choose.
Use me to fulfil your purpose, whatever it costs me.
Use me mightily in your kingdom’s service
or lay me to one side.
Let me be elevated and appreciated for you
or persecuted and humiliated for you.
Let me be full to overflowing or completely empty.
Let me have everything or absolutely nothing.
I wholeheartedly and unconditionally surrender all things to your pleasure and use.
You are Lord, Saviour, Redeemer and King,
blessed God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
You are mine and I am yours,
I make this covenant with you on earth today,
may it be ratified in heaven.
A prayer to settle our hearts in the right place
I come to You, O Lord
To give up my rights;
To lay down my life;
To offer my future;
To give You my devotion, my skills, my energies.
I shall not waste time
Deploring my weaknesses
Nor my unfittedness for the work.
I acknowledge Your choice with my life
To make Your Christ
Attractive and intelligible
To those around me.
I come to You for spiritual preparation.
Put Your hand upon me;
Anoint me with the oil of the One with Good News;
Save me from compromise, imitation, and professionalism.
Heal my soul of carnal ambitions;
Deliver me from the itch to always be right;
Save me from wasting time around the house or friends.
I accept hard work;
I ask for no easy place.
Help me not to judge others who walk a smoother path.
Show me those things that diminish spiritual power in a soul.
I now consecrate my days to You.
Make Your will more precious than anything or anybody.
Fill me with Your power.
And when, at the end of life’s journey,
I see You face to face
May I hear those undeserving words: “Well done, you good and faithful
I ask this not for myself, but for the glory of the Name of Your Son.